Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes Recipe
Fancy giving these pancakes a try for your next pre-workout meal? Packed full of protein and balanced with carbohydrates it is a delicious way to help fuel your body ready for a tough workout! Coming in at only 484 kcals and an amazing 31g protein, you won’t want to miss out.
- 40g plain flour
- 15g vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60ml milk (or plant mylk alternative)
- 1 egg
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Low-calorie spray
- Mix together flour, protein powder, baking powder and then crack an egg into the mixture and whisk.
- Slowly add the milk and continue to whisk until you get a pancake batter consistency.
- Heat up a frying pan and add a few sprays of low-calorie spray, make sure this is really hot before adding any mixture.
- Add a ladle at a time of the pancake batter to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat if the pancake starts to burn, and keep an eye out for small bubbles forming in the pancake – this is helpful to know when the pancake is ready to flip.
- Stack up your pancakes with peanut butter and sliced banana.
For more high protein recipes click here.